Thursday, September 9, 2010

Worldwide Window Washers

Hello all!

The following article/exhortation was written by Alina. Alina is also the author of an article previously published on Rebelutionary Musings entitled "A New Wardrobe and a Smelly Old Coat." And true to her passion for a Godly world-view, she has issued yet another challenge to the youth of her generation.

Here it is!

In this world, there are thousands of lives which need work and change. I may not be able to change the whole world, but I am able to change the faults in myself. So, I will start with the girl in the mirror, the one staring back at me.

She may not be completely bad, but she has many faults and is nowhere near perfection. There is always something I can find wrong in her before I go around looking into other people’s mirrors. Instead of taking out the Windex and attempting to clean off the speck on my neighbor’s mirror, I’ll pull out a mop and clean off the mud from my mirror because I believe Matthew 7:1-6 to be true.
 1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces. (Matthew 7:1-6, New King James Version)
As soon as I clean off the mud from my mirror, I am able to see how hard my neighbor had been scrubbing all along at his own, and instead of acting as a judge (which is not my place), I can help them carry their burden.
2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2, New King James Version)
I also see many others who are scrubbing and some don’t look like they need to scrub as much as others; yet in God’s eyes, He sees it all the same. We can encourage one another with truths that will only encourage us to keep scrubbing even more.

If we adopt this mindsent and by our example our friends learn to do the same thing, eventually the whole world could wake up and start the day with a paper towel and Windex in hand rather than spraying it in each others windows. We would first look at ourselves in the mirror and scrub ourself. If we all maintain cleanliness individually, the whole world just might change. Even then it will not be ourselves we name the heroes, for every ounce of credit goes to God alone for it is He who gives the grace and strength by which we can overcome our sin and draw near unto Him.

We can all be a part of a great campaign. We might even title it, “worldwide window washers.”


Amen to Alina's exhortation!

No comments:

Post a Comment