Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Transformed Generation: Don't Back Down

Hello all,

In connection with Monday's post, Jennifer has posted some great thoughts on how to overcome Satan's attempts to turn us from sweet fellowship with God on her "transformed generation" blog.

I'm sure you have experienced it before. I have on multiple occasions. It happens whenever I have had an amazing few days/weeks/months with God. It happens when I feel like nothing can shake my relationship with my Savior, and it happens when I feel like God can change the world through me.
My sister says something that isn't even rude and I blow up at her. The time is ticking by so slowly and I get impatient and angry. I watch the news and feel depressed, wishing I could just leave this world now. At those times--those times of lashing-out, impatience, and depression--Satan is trying to push me off the track.


I won't re-post the entirety of her post but do encourage you to read the entire thing. For the purpose of this post I would simply like to share three simple principles shared by Jennifer from the Bible for staying "on track" in our walk with God.

1. Flee from him and he will flee from you.

At the first sign of trouble, run! James tells us, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

2. He has already lost.

"And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever" (Revelation 20:10).

3. If you stand strong, you will be rewarded.

David said, "The Lord rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness" (1 Samuel 26:23a).

"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does..." (Ephesians 6:7-8)

God "rewards those who earnestly seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

An additional promise from scripture relating to Jennifer's third point that comes to my mind is I Corinthians 10:13.

13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:13, New King James Version)

Jennifer closes her post with the following inspiring resolution taken from the scriptures.

When Satan attacks, run to the arms of Christ and find refuge there. He will help you fight against the devil and come out victorious.

I, for one, want to stand strong knowing in my heart that "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7).

Amen and many thanks to Jennifer! Please pop over to her blog and leave her a comment if you are blessed by her post. :-)

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment